Bridge of Potamos
The stone bridge of Potamos was built in 1823, during the English domination of the island, based on plans by the English commissioner, and engineer Macphail. The bridge stands on seven arcs, is completely symmetric and made of stone, limestone and mortar. It is 60 meters long, 6,8 meters wide and 7 meters high.
The bridge was part of the project the English had to build numerous public works on the island, such as roads, bridges, schools, aqueducts, ports and lighthouses.