Panagia Orfani of Mylopotamos
The church of Panagia Orfani is made of a temple inside a cave with an area of 40 square meters and five cells. The church belonged to the Darmaros family. In the cave’s western side there is an opening, through which the cave is extended. In this “extension” a small icon of Panagia Eleousa, also called Orfani, was found. The icon is 12 by 6 centimeters and is made of silver. There is also a larger icon of Panagia Eleousa Orfani in the church (60 by 80 cm.), which has silver coating and was made by Nikolaos Theofilos Spithakis in 1837. The altar is three-fold, the ledger of the Virgin Mary is in the middle, the one of Saint George in the left and the three Saint Protectors of Heptanisa, Saint Spyridon, Saint Dionysios and Saint Gerasimos on the right. The church celebrates mass on August 23rd.